Monday, January 3, 2011

Threatened miscarriage.

So yesterday I woke up with some bad cramping and a tiny bit of spotting. To be on the safe side I decided to go to the hospital to get checked out. My husband was working at the neighbors house so I called him and let him know I was going, and then asked my brother in law to watch Eldin. Then I called my sister in law and asked her to go with me so I wouldn't have to be alone. We got to the ER and signed in. I was called back to triage after like 15 minutes then told to go back to the waiting room. They called us back to a room after about 30-45 minutes. Then we sat in the room for over an hour before the nurse came in. She said the doctor would most likely want to do a pelvic exam so she set that up and left. About another 45 minutes later the nurse and doctor came in after about 10 minutes of my sister in law sitting in the hallway staring at them. The doctor checked me and said my cervix was closed and that he wanted blood work and an ultrasound. He said I needed a catheter for the u/s so that they could inflate my bladder. The nurse started setting up for the catheter and I asked if it was really necessary, she said I had the right to refuse anything and that she would ask the doctor if I could drink something instead. He came back in a minute later YELLING at me, saying if I didn't get the catheter, then I was being irresponsible and not giving them a clear picture. So I agreed to it and the doctor stormed out. By this point I was in tears, luckily the nurse was very kind and understanding and gentle. She said she would page u/s and let them know I was ready right away. It took u/s 15 minutes to come get me which felt like FOREVER! So they inflated my bladder for the u/s. Then took me back to my room where thankfully the nurse was waiting to remove the catheter. After about 20 minutes (almost time for shift change at this point) the doctor came in and very coldly told me that they saw the gestational sac but no embryo which worries him. He gave me a doctor to call for a follow up tomorrow to do more blood work and make sure my levels are rising and not falling or staying the same. So please pray for me that they see my baby soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment